Fiberworks celebrates 30th year
Fiberworks, Oklahoma’s top juried show for fiber artists, celebrates its 30th anniversary this year.
Fiberworks 2008 will open with a reception from 6 to 8 p.m. today at the Individual Artists of Oklahoma Gallery, 811 N Broadway in downtown Oklahoma City.
Sponsored by Fiber Artists of Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Arts Council and IAO, the annual juried show showcases the best work from fiber artists from across the state. The show includes an eclectic mix of weaving, needlework, basketry, art quilting, felted work, paper, soft sculpture, and other works primarily constructed of fiber, according to a news release.
This year, artists will compete for awards totaling more than $4,000, with $1,000 awarded to “Best of Show.” The exhibit, featuring works ranging from traditional to contemporary, will continue through June 27.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17776Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14796Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11428Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11084'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10542Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9183Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 8337OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6864Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6373Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5941Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients