Friday Featured Track
The song that has been on my brain the most this week:
- “Holiday Road,” by Lindsey Buckingham, from the soundtrack to the 1983 movie “National Lampoon’s Vacation.”
My husband, Patrick, watched “Vacation” a couple of weeks ago in preparation for our family’s summer travels, and he was surprised to learn that this crazily catchy ditty was written and performed by the Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist. I wasn’t surprised, since it sounds just like him.
But Mr. BAM has been taking an informal survey in the past few days to determine if any other Fleetwood Mac fans were unaware of Buckingham’s apparent comedy leanings. I’m sure he’d be pleased to read your response in the comments below.
Between his constant reminders and our frantic preparations to leave town, this song has been circulating nonstop through my noggin.
Interestingly, I’ve noticed that our actual family vacations are never as chaotic as the Griswold family’s, but the days leading up to them could not only rival any of the “National Lampoon” films, they also could compete with most Greek tragedies. If you ever want to go on vacation with us, just avoid us until the last moment and jump in the car right as we pull out of the driveway.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients