Friday Featured Track
The song that has been on my brain the most this week:
- “Death Will Never Conquer” by Coldplay, 2008 track from www.coldplay.com.
It’s less than a minute and a half long, but this piano-driven spiritual really sticks in your head. Drummer Will Champion, rather than frontman Chris Martin, sings on this track, and his deeper, not-quite-as-British voice suits the rootsy, Southern-gospel-inspired song.
When the hard soft rock band started touring this summer in support of its new album “Viva La Vida,” it also began offering “Death Will Never Conquer” on its Web site as a free download. It’s still available there if you haven’t checked it out yet.
The song isn’t included on “Viva La Vida,” but fits thematically. The band is performing a version of it in their concerts on the tour.
Coldplay’s Oklahoma City show was one of the dates that was postponed earlier this summer due to “production delays.” It has been rescheduled for Nov. 16 at the Ford Center. For more information, go to www.okfordcenter.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients