Rodney Carrington has fun in Oklahoma
Tulsa comedian Rodney Carrington performed the first of a two-day stint just up Interstate 44 tonight at Buffalo Run Casino in Miami, OK.
He will perform another show at the casino at 7 p.m. Saturday. For more information, go to www.rodneycarrington.com.
The countrified comic’s King of the Mountains tour is taking him all around the U.S. this fall, from Billings, Mont., to Fort Worth, Texas. He also will play several dates at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
But Carrington - who was raised in Texas but has lived in Tulsa for 15 years “because I met my wife here and she won’t let me leave” – and his clan don’t have to go far from home to have a good time.
He told me in an interview earlier this summer about the impromptu vacation he, wife Terri and their three sons took. They were planning to drive down to Dallas but instead stopped at Oklahoma City theme park Frontier City. It was their first visit to the theme park, and they rode the river rapids ride until they were soaked.
After, they ate at Golden Corral, stayed the night in a hotel and drove back to Tulsa the next day on Route 66, with a stop along the way in Arcadia at POPS soda emporium/diner/convenience store.
“This is how hillbilly we are,” he cracked. “We went on a big vacation and it was a hour and a half from where we live. But we had a ball, because it’s all about being together.”
Carrington co-wrote and co-starred with fellow Oklahoman Toby Keith in the action-comedy “Beer for My Horses.” The movie got a limited release earlier this summer and is expanding to more theaters in the next couple of weeks.
He said his writing experiences on his TV sitcom ”Rodney,” which ran on ABC from 2004-06, were invaluable to working on the screenplay with the country music star.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5867Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5666Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients