Wednesday Video Spotlight: Carrie Underwood goes Christmas caroling on CDs
Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood, who just finished a great show at Tulsa’s BOK Center, is offering her fans some early Christmas gifts.
She is one of 11 female singers who croon carols with the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll on the new CD “Elvis Presley Christmas Duets.” The album uses whiz-bang technology to seamlessly merge the ladies’ new recordings with Elvis’ old renditions of the carols.
Underwood croons “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” on the album. Kimberly Schlapman and Karen Fairchild of country group Little Big Town, Underwood’s opening act, also are on the CD singing “O Little Town of Bethlehem.” (And I haven’t forgotten that I promised to bring you a review of this disc; it’s coming soon.)
In addition, Underwood recently released a special holiday edition of her current album “Carnival Ride” exclusively through Walmart stores. The holiday edition includes the classic carols “Hark! The Herald Angels Sing,” “The First Noel,” “What Child Is This,” and “O Holy Night” – all newly recorded for this album – along with her rendition of “Do You Hear What I Hear,” featured on last year’s multi-artist compilation, “Hear Something Country Christmas.”
Check out this YouTube video of Underwood belting “O Holy Night” on the 2005 “Christmas in Washington Special.” (She also playfully pushes around Jay DeMarcus from Rascal Flatts, but don’t worry, he’s seems pretty ornery and probably deserved it.)
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17454Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13102OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11643'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11460Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9987Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8525Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8435Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7203Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7020Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7003Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients