Carrie Underwood's "Carnival Ride" posts big numbers
Since it’s still Carrie Underwood Day here on the blog, and I just returned awhile ago from her terrific Tulsa stop on her “Carnival Ride Tour,” let’s check out some of the impressive numbers for her sophomore album “Carnival Ride.”
The numbers come to us from the McClatchy-Tribune News Service and Billboard.com.
- “Carnival Ride” eebuted at No. 1 atop Billboard’s Top Country Albums and all-genre Billboard 200 charts with first-week sales of 527,101.
- It earned highest first-week sales for any female artist in any genre at time of release in 2007.
- It set multiple chart records as best-selling first week of any country sophomore album since the inception of SoundScan.
- It notched the largest country debut in digital album chart history, with digital sales of 44,928.
- The album has sold 2 million copies and helped Underwood achieve the title as the Billboard 200 Top-Selling Female Artist of 2007.
“Carnival Ride” singles:
- “So Small,” three weeks No. 1, written by Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey and Luke Laird. It entered country airplay charts at No. 20, marking the highest chart entry by a solo country female in Nielsen BDS history and went on to become a three-week No. 1 hit.
- “All American Girl,” two weeks No. 1, written by Carrie Underwood, Ashley Gorley and Kelly Lovelace.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22062Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13856Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 11034Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10900UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7641Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7472Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6309Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5621Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5179Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients