The Flaming Lips "Chime In" for NBC
Wayne Coyne (The Oklahoman Archives photo)
Follow this handy link to see an Entertainment Weekly video of Oklahoma City-based Grammy-winning alt-rock band the Flaming Lips playing their own unique take on the NBC’s signature “chime.”
The Lips are among several bands and solo artists who were asked to participate in the network’s “Chime In” promotional campaign. Along with the Lips, Clint Black, B.B. King, the B-52s, T.I. and more were given eight seconds to play at little something-something ending in the distinctive G, E, and C of the chime. The promos are set to start airing around Thanksgiving on the peacock network, according to this EW.com story.
The video shows Wayne Coyne and Co. working on their promo. Coyne also shows off his tricked-out double-necked “Guitar Hero” guitar, which merges a weird noise modulator with a “Guitar Hero” axe with the plastic buttons. It’s pretty wild and so totally Wayne. You’ll love it.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients