Joaquin Phoenix retiring from acting?
Joaquin Phoenix caught the industry and an entertainment reporter off guard recently by suddenly announcing that he is retiring from film acting to focus on his music career.
Check out this video from the recent production of Ernest Hemingway’s “The World of Nick Adams” benefitting Paul Newman’s Hole in the Wall Camps, where Phoenix, 34, made the announcement. I found the video on Elizabeth Snead’s L.A. Times blog, The Dish Rag. (Note that Phoenix’s best pal Casey Affleck is uncomfortably left to field questions after Phoenix makes his surprise announcement and then bolts.)
Phoenix’s last movie apparently will be James Gray’s “Two Lovers,” co-starring Gwyneth Paltrow and set for Feb. 13 release.
Phoenix has been nominated for two Oscars, for best supporting actor for his role in “Gladiator” and best actor for his starring role in the Johnny Cash biopic “Walk the Line.” He also won a Grammy for his work on the “Walk the Line” soundtrack, for which he did his own singing, so he’s certainly got musical talent.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients