“Wildflowers” by Oklahoma artist Michi Susan. Susan will be among the artists exhibiting new artwork tonight and Saturday at the monthly Paseo Gallery Walk in the Paseo Arts District.
A look at the events happening around Oklahoma the weekend of Feb. 6-8:
- Paseo Gallery Walk: View artwork by Michi Susan, Thomas Stotts and many other artists at the monthly Paseo Gallery Walk from 6 to 10 tonight and noon to 6 p.m. Saturday in the Paseo Arts District. Information: 525-2688 or www.thepaseo.com.
- WinterTales Storytelling Festival finale: Catch the final performance of the WinterTales Storytelling Festival, featuring world renowned storyteller Donald Davis, at 8 tonight at Stage Center, 400 W Sheridan. The festival will become a fall event in September. Information: 270-4848 or www.artscouncilokc.com.
- Oklahoma City Philharmonic: Listen to the Oklahoma City Philharmonic and violinist Glenn Dicterow perform at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker. Information: 842-5387 or www.okcphilharmonic.org.
Legends Restaurant’s chocolate amaretto cream cake was one of the delicacies served at the 2008 Chocolate Festival. (Photo by Steve Sisney, The Oklahoman Archives)
- Chocolate Festival: Sample chocolate from about 40 vendors at the annual Chocolate Festival from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Norman North High School, 1809 Stubbeman Ave. in Norman. The popular event is the main fundraiser for the Firehouse Art Center. The festival will include a children’s art area were kids can paint and work with clay. Information: 329-4523 or http://normanfirehouse.moonfruit.com.
- 25th Annual Omelette Party: Sample gourmet egg dishes at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art’s Omelette Party fundraiser from 7 p.m. to midnight Saturday at the Coca-Cola Bricktown Events Center, 425 E California.
The theme for this year’s event will be “Harlem EGG-aissance.” The theme centers on the museum’s new special exhibition “Harlem Renaissance,” which explores the diverse and vibrant work of black artists of the 1920s and ‘30s. The Omelette Party will feature gourmet omelettes served by area restaurants, an art raffle, live music by Banana Seat and extra fun provided by Chameleon Entertainment. Information: 236-3100 or www.okcmoa.com.
- Brian Regan: See comedian Brian Regan perform at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker. Information: 297-2264 or www.brianregan.com.
- Kevin Fowler: Hear country singer Kevin Fowler at 10 tonight at the Wormy Dog Saloon, 311 E Sheridan. Information: 601-6276 or www.wormydog.com.
- Travis Linville: Hear Travis Linville at 9 p.m. Saturday at the Blue Door, 2805 N McKinley. Information: www.bluedoorokc.com.
- Hush Hush Commotion: Hear Oklahoma City indie rockers Hush Hush Commotion with Fires of Atlas and The Fine Print tonight at The Opolis, 113 N Crawford in Norman. Information: http://www.starlightmints.com/opolis.html.
Congress of a Crow
- TulsaOriginalMusic.com Showcase, TULSA: Hear Tulsa rockers Congress of a Crow perform their last show tonight at Cain’s Ballroom, 423 N Main. Also on the bill are Aranda, My Solstice, Sam & the Stylees and Acoustic Ross. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; the show starts at 7. Information: http://tulsaoriginalmusic.com.
- Great Western Opry, VICI: Hear local musicians perform in the monthly showcase at 7 p.m. Saturday at Jerald Shaw Auditorium in Vici High School, Third and Miller. Click here to read a NewsOK story about the Great Western Opry. Information: www.viciok.com.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.