"Saving Grace" creator, actor visit Oklahoma City
“Saving Grace” actor Leon Rippy, who stars as Earl in the series, signs a DVD cover for Matt Westphalen Thursday at an event at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art.
Former University of Oklahoma football coach Barry Switzer poses for a photo with “Saving Grace” creator Nancy Miller, Leon Rippy, who stars as Earl, and Becky Switzer at an event Thursday at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. Switzer appeared in an episode of the show earlier this season. (Photos by Steve Gooch/The Oklahoman)
From Friday’s The Oklahoman.
The challenges of casting city’s TV stand-in
Oklahoma City native Nancy Miller senses a special vibe when she steps off an airplane in her hometown.
But recreating the people, places and peculiarities of her hometown on her TV show “Saving Grace” isn’t easy.
“It’s just difficult. Our season opener started in Bricktown, and it just didn’t look like Bricktown, but we did the best we could,” said Miller, the series creator and executive producer, said Thursday at The Oklahoman.
Miller and actor Leon Rippy returned to Oklahoma City Thursday to host a screening of the next new episode of “Saving Grace” at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. The second season of the TNT series resumes at 9 p.m. m2 Monday after a six-month hiatus.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients