Toby Keith will be among the performers paying tribute to George Strait
George Strait (Associated Press photos)
Oklahoman Toby Keith, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Sugarland, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban will be among the performers on “George Strait – ACM Artist of the Decade,” according to a news release. The new, all-star concert special will be broadcast on CBS later this year. The show, produced for television by dick clark productions, will pay tribute to “The King of Country,” George Strait, and his 25-year career.
Only four other acts have received the Artist of the Decade accolade, including Marty Robbins in 1969, Loretta Lynn in 1979, Alabama in 1988 and Oklahoman Garth Brooks in 1998. This marks the first time the honor will be presented as a separate television special.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16859Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12191OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11527'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11272Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11209Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9827Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7998Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6986Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6951Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5788Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients