Downtown in December, Devon River Parade lighting up Oklahoma City
Snow tubing at the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark
Downtown in December, downtown Oklahoma City’s month-long holiday festival, starts at 5:30 p.m. today when the giant Christmas tree lights up in Bricktown.
Also, the Devon Energy Holiday River Parade on the Oklahoma River through downtown is at 5 p.m. today.
Here is the full list of Downtown in December activities:
* Join your friends and family Downtown for music and fun surprises to kick off Downtown in December. Everyone is invited to experience the excitement of the Christmas season when Mayor Cornett lights the beautifully adorned Christmas tree in Bricktown at 5:30 p.m. on November 28. The SandRidge Christmas Tree lighting officially begins Downtown Oklahoma City’s month-long holiday celebration. For information, visit www.downtownindecember.com or call (405) 236-3640
* Ice skate in the shadow of Downtown Oklahoma City’s skyscrapers at the Devon Ice Rink. Rink hours are noon to 10 p.m. daily from November 28 through January 4, including holidays (holiday hours may vary). Cost to skate is $8, which includes skate rental and a two-hour session. Skating is just $5 for those who supply their own skates. The Civic Center is located at 201 N Walker. The rink is available for private parties and group ticket sales. Call 274-1638 to book your event. For information, visit www.downtownindecember.com or call (405) 236-3640
* Go extreme this winter, when you go Chesapeake Snow Tubing at the Brick, the nation’s largest manmade snow tubing slope. Feel the wind in your face as you cruise down the slope at thrilling speeds. Presented by Chesapeake, you can’t beat the great family fun of snow tubing at the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. Tubing is open November 28 – December 21 on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays, hours vary; on December 22 snow tubing opens seven-days-a-week through January 4, hours vary. Session size is limited; admission is $10.00 for each one and a half-hour session. Private parties and groups sales are available by calling (405) 218-1000. For session times, dates and to buy tickets on-line visit http://www.downtownindecember.com/
* All aboard….for a free adventure cruise on a Bricktown Water Taxi during The Oklahoman Holidays on the Canal. All ages will enjoy a fun-filled float down the beautifully adorned Bricktown canal. Ride free from 6-9:30 p.m. every Thursday through Sunday, November 28 – December 28 (closed Christmas). Board the boats across from the ballpark. For information, visit www.downtownindecember.com or call (405) 236-3640
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3513Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3480How to help tornado victims
- 3393Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients