Video: Eddie Izzard on "Star Trek"
“Star Trek” Week continues here at BAM’s Blog, and today I’m sharing a snippet of “Trek”-related hilarity from one of my favorite comedians, Eddie Izzard.
In his 1994 stand-up video “Unrepeatable,” Izzard performs an uproarious bit about the original “Trek” TV series. In it, he makes fun of Dr. McCoy’s overly dramatic speeches, imagines what would happen if someone from the Enterprise’s accounting department joined a landing party and suggests other settings for phasers besides just boring ol’ stun and kill. (I particularly like the “ice cream van nearby” setting.)
The video is from YouTube, and I highly recommend renting, or better, buying “Unrepeatable.” The bit continues some bad language.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients