Friday Featured Track
The song that has been on my brain the most this week:
- “Over Tokyo,” Collective Soul, from the 2000 album “Blender.”
My travel from Oklahoma City to Los Angeles today probably helped put this song about literally flying away from your heartaches in my head. But it’s never a bad time to have this bouncy broken-heart ballad bounding through your skull, with the peppy guitars, Ed Roland’s plaintive lyrics and a chorus of “ah, ah, ah”s driving the song along.
Don’t forget, Collective Soul and Gavin DeGraw will bring their co-headlining tour to Tulsa’s SpiritBank Event Center on July 7. I’ve already got my tickets, and I’d love to see the venue packed for what promises to be a great show. For more information, go to www.spiritbankeventcenter.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15991OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14570Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9562Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9374Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9102'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8275Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7661Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7564Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7457Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7060Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients