Box office report
The Warner Bros. comedy “The Hangover” made it a double over the weekend, narrowly coming in at the top spot at the box office for the second week in a row.
The tale of a Vegas bachelor party gone awry made an estimated $33.4 million over the weekend, according to the Associated Press. That boosts its overall take to $105.4 million after 10 days in theaters.
It also become the summer’s first movie to finish at No. 1 for two weekends in a row – for real. Last week, Pixar Animation Studio’s “Up” was awarded the top spot at the box office based on estimated ticket sales, but “The Hangover” proved the real No. 1 movie after the tallies were completed.
Pixar’s “Up” again came in a close second with $30.5 million, lifting the animated film’s total to $187.2 million after three weekends.
Sony’s action remake “The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3,” reuniting Denzel Washington and director Tony Scott with John Travolta as a baddie, opened in third place with $25 million.
The other new wide release, the Paramount family comedy “Imagine That,” starring Eddie Murphy, debuted at No. 6 with a meager $5.7 million. That’s a shame since the film was much better than some of Murphy’s previous family-friendly efforts that have been box-office successes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients