Ted Nugent talks hunting with Miranda Lambert on the 2009 CMT Music Awards red carpet
Ted Nugent (Associated Press photos)
The night is young but it’s hard to imagine a weirder scenario at the 2009 CMT Music Awards than rocker Ted Nugent offering to let CMT red carpet host Lance Smith smell his knife.
Apparently, the knife has a fishy smell upon it, since Nugent, an avid hunter and fisherman, just came back from a successful fishing trip and used the knife to clean some of his catch.
Nugent also chatted with Smith about hunting with Oklahoma/Texas country star Miranda Lambert. He says he was with Lambert, who was raised in Texas but now lives in Tishomingo, when she bagged her first big buck down in the Lone Star State. He described it as a “spiritual” moment.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients