3D's Need to See: Special Moon-landing Edition
Today is the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11′s historic moon landing. In honor of that, BAM has asked me to recommend a few things related to the space program that you need to see.
The first movie is not about the moon landing, but rather the failed mission that came after it. I’m talking, of course, about “Apollo 13.” “Apollo 13″ features an amazing cast, was nominated for nine OSCARS including Best Picture, and did very well at the box office too. If you haven’t seen it, this is one movie about the space program you NEED to see.
If you are interested in a movie about the early space program, I can’t recommend anything more highly than the 1983 adaptation of Tom Wolfe’s fabulous book, “The Right Stuff.” Another Best Picture nominee featuring a wonderful cast (some of them very early in their careers), this movie was responsible for making me interested in the space program when I was a kid.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5818Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5611Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5224UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients