3D's Need to See
My movie for you this week is Nochnoy dozor (Night Watch). Now, don’t quit reading just because it has a foreign name. Yes, this movie was made in Russia and based on the first in a famous series of books by Russian author Sergei Lukyanenko, but this isn’t some artsy foreign film.
It was helmed by Timur Bekmambetov, who later directed the Angelina Jolie action film ”Wanted” to blockbuster status, and you can see the same amazing effects and visual style that made that movie so popular in this one as well. Except in this one, they are used to serve a horror story instead of an action tale.
The movie centers around a group of supernaturally powered being called “Others” and the uneasy truce between those that serve the light and those that have chosen the darkness. The titular “Night Watch” are a group of Light Others that patrol the night making sure the Dark Others stay in line.
The story and tone of the film may seem strange to you, but what do you expect from a foreign film? The action sequences, however, speak the universal language of cool. So, why not broaden your horizons with something that’s still a little familiar and give Night Watch a try.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients