UPDATED: Weekend Warmup
Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights
*UPDATED at 10:55 a.m. Friday.
*UPDATED again at 1:32 p.m. Friday.
Here is a preview of events going on in Oklahoma this weekend (July 31-Aug. 2).
- Hear Jonathan Tyler & the Northern Lights and Stephanie Briggs at 10 p.m. Friday at the Wormy Dog Saloon, 311 E Sheridan. Information: 601-6276 or www.wormydog.com.
- Take in free live music Friday and Saturday at the annual Bricktown Reggae Festival, Oklahoma and Sheridan avenues. Gates open at 4 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday. Information: 236-4143 or www.bricktownokc.com.
- TULSA – See feature films and documentaries Friday-Sunday at Tulsa United Film Festival 2009 at Circle Cinema, 10 S Lewis Ave. Screenings begin at 7 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday and 12:30 p.m. Sunday at the theater. Information: (918) 585-3456 or www.theunitedfest.com/tulsa.
Red Dirt Rangers
- Listen to Craig Morgan and the Red Dirt Rangers at 8 p.m. Saturday at Frontier City, 11501 N Interstate 35 Service Road. Information: 478-2140 or www.frontiercity.com.
* UPDATE: Frontier City has reopened after closing Thursday afternoon and this morning because E. Coli found in the water. The park will presumably be open for Saturday’s Craig Morgan-Red Dirt Rangers show. To read the NewsOK story, click here.
- TULSA – Hear August Burns Red with Bless The Fall, All Shall Perish and I Wrestled A Bear Once at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Flytrap Music Hall, 514 E Second Street. Information: www.ticketstorm.com.
- TULSA – Take your to to see “The Wiggles Go Bananas” at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at BOK Center, 200 S Denver. Information: www.bokcenter.com.
A little girl wears a festive dress at the 2008 Fairy Ball in the Paseo Arts District. (Photo by Bryan Terry/The Oklahoman Archives)
- Dress up as whimsical creatures, dance to live music and experience the magic of summer at the ninth annual Fairy Ball in the Paseo Arts District. The family-friendly event will take place from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday at the lot behind the Art of Yoga Studio, 2920 Paseo. Information: www.thepaseo.com.
- LAWTON – Attend the Lawton-Ft. Sill 108th Birthday Celebration starting at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Elmer Thomas Park, Third and NW Ferris. The party will include live music from Tim Tate Nevaquaya and Bobby Dale Band. Information: www.cityof.lawton.ok.us.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7196Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6116Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6096Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients