Here is a preview of events happening in Oklahoma this weekend (Aug. 7-9):
- NORMAN – See the movie “Night at the Museum” Friday at the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, 2401 Chautauqua Ave. Doors will open at 7 p.m., and visitors will have access to museum galleries from 7 to 8:30. Galleries will close at 8:30 when the film begins in the museum’s Great Hall. Some seating will be provided, but visitors are welcome to bring pillows or blankets to make for more comfy seating on the floor if they would like. Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase. Information: 325-4712 or www.snomnh.ou.edu.
- TULSA – Hear Keith Urban and Sugarland at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the BOK Center, 200 S Denver. Information: www.bokcenter.com.
- NORMAN – Hear Billy Squier at 8 p.m. Friday at Riverwind Casino, 1544 West Hwy 9. Information: www.riverwind.com. Or hear him play “The Stroke,” “Lonely Is the Night” and more at 8 p.m. Saturday at WinStar World Casino, 777 Casino Ave. in Thackerville. Information: www.winstarworldcasino.com.
- Catch the Hush Hush Commotion CD release show with Vannadine, Berkeley to D.C. and Kidnap in Color at 8 p.m. Saturday at Bricktown Live, 103 Flaming Lips Alley. Information: 236-4143 or www.ticketstorm.com.
- Experience new art, refreshments and wine tastings at the monthly Paseo Gallery Walk from 6 to 10 p.m. Friday and noon to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Paseo Arts District. Information: www.thepaseo.com.
Lee Roy Reams plays Adolf Hitler in “Springtime for Hitler” from the Mel Brooks musical “The Producers.” Lyric Theatre is staging the musical. (Photo provided to The Oklahoman courtesy of The Muny, St. Louis)
- See Lyric Theatre’s staging of ”The Producers” at 8 p.m. Friday and 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker Ave. Information: www.lyrictheatreokc.com.
- THACKERVILLE – Hear Journey at 9 p.m. Friday at WinStar World Casino, 777 Casino Ave. Information: www.winstarworldcasino.com.
- Watch Ghostlight Theatre Club’s production of “Glengarry Glen Ross” at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the theater, 3110 N Walker in the Paseo Arts District. Information: www.ghostlighttheatreclub.com.
A sign announces the Rush Springs Watermelon Festival. (Photo by Steve Sisney/The Oklahoman)
- RUSH SPRINGS – Take in a parade, rodeo, free watermelon and more all day Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Saturday at the Rush Springs Watermelon Festival in and around Jeff Davis Park. Information: (580) 476-9348 or http://home.flash.net/~mvincent/Festival.htm.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients