Book closes today on TV series "Reading Rainbow"
The venerable children’s TV series “Reading Rainbow” ends its 26-year run today.
The Emmy-winning show and its friendly host Levar Burton (who also starred in the series “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and the miniseries “Roots”) gently encouraged reading in multiple generations of kids over the years.
When I was growing up, it was right up there with “Sesame Street” and “Mr. Rogers” as my favorite shows. NPR.org reports that “Reading Rainbow” ends as the third longest-running PBS children’s series after those favorites.
Click here to read the story.
And sing it with me now, “Butterfly in the sky/I can fly twice as high …”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims
- 3705Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3691Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3323Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients