Friday Featured Track
The song that has been on my brain the most this week:
- “You,” Collective Soul, from the new album “Collective Soul” (AKA “Rabbit”).
Since I received my advance copy of the new Collective Soul album a week or so ago, I’ve listened to it with the kind of single-mindedness only a diehard fan can embrace.
In my album review, which I posted here earlier today, I praised the Georgia rockers for their incredible track record of producing superb power ballads.
For this week’s FFT, I want to highlight my favorite of these ballads, the gorgeous “You.” This ballad really soars, with frontman/songwriter Ed Roland passionately paying tribute to his lover without ever getting into the soppy cliches that bog down so many love songs.
Interestingly, “You” is the first song that Collective Soul has ever written as a unit, according to press notes for the album.
The song is Collective Soul at its pop finest and ranks up there with “Tremble for My Beloved” and “Under Heaven’s Skies” as the band’s best ballads.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients