Video: Carrie Underwood donates instruments to Checotah schools
Carrie Underwood sings with Kenedee Rittenhouse, a fifth-grader, at an assembly where Underwood’s C.A.T.S. Foundation donated musical instruments to Checotah Schools this morning. (Photo by Mike Simons/Tulsa World)
NewsOK’s talented host Dave Morris and videographer David Jones traveled to Checotah today to cover Carrie Underwood’s big donation of $117,000 in new instruments for her hometown school district’s music programs.
The donation comes through Underwood’s new Checotah Animal, Town and School Foundation (C.A.T.S.) and the Academy of Country Music’s charitable arm, ACM Lifting Lives.
Check out this NewsOK video of the assembly in which Underwood surprised students with the big news and treated them to a special performance, as well as Morris’ interview with the country music superstar. (Great job to the two Daves for their superb work in Checotah.)
Buy Tickets View all
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3633Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3584How to help tornado victims
- 3499Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients