3D's Need to See: Sneakers Edition
In keeping with my heist movie theme for this month, I’m recommending the 1992 comedy “Sneakers.” If you haven’t seen this film, then you must not know who is in it: Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier, David Strathairn, Dan Ackroyd, River Phoenix, Timothy Busfield, Mary McDonnell, Sir Ben Kinsley, and James Earl Jones. It is quite a cast, and they have terrific chemistry.
The movie is based on the idea of a group of talented individuals, with somewhat shady pasts, who have formed a business where they test people’s security by breaching it. In the words of one of the characters, “So, people pay you to break into their places, to make sure that no one can break into their places.” It is an interesting idea, and it’s amusing to see them utililizing their skills in this manner.
However, it wouldn’t be a movie if a job didn’t go horribly wrong, and our heroes weren’t forced to use their skills to make it right. On a side note, it’s interesting to look back at the technology in this film from so many years later and see how far things have come. But the movie itself still holds up as a witty, light-hearted heist caper. If you haven’t already, then you need to see “Sneakers.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18441Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17118OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13848Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11264Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9500Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7869Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7538Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7363Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6380Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients