CD review: The Cribs, "Ignore the Ignorant"
From Friday’s Weekend Look section of The Oklahoman.
The Cribs “Ignore the Ignorant” (Warner Bros.)
British indie rockers the Cribs aim to find a home with American audiences with their second Warner Bros. album, “Ignore the Ignorant,” already the band’s highest-charting U.K. release.
“Ignore the Ignorant” is the Cribs’ first record to feature fourth member Johnny Marr, former songwriter and guitarist for the Smiths and Modest Mouse, which surely bolsters both the music and their chances for U.S. success.
In 2008, Marr joined the Cribs’ brother act — twins Gary (singer/bassist) and Ryan (singer/guitarist) Jarman and their younger brother Ross (drums) — and his influence can be heard on the lovely melancholy of “Stick to Yr Guns” and the jangly, deceptively catchy title track.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients