BAM's college football favorites Bedlam '09 edition
OSU running back Keith Toston (5) scores a touchdown during last week’s victory over Colorado at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater. (Photo by Sarah Phipps/The Oklahoman)
It’s a big rivalry weekend in college football, and here in Oklahoma, that means it’s Bedlam.
My 9-2 Oklahoma State Cowboys are taking on the 6-5 University of Oklahoma Sooners at 11:30 a.m. today in Norman. The game will air on Fox Sports Net.
The Cowboys are ranked No. 11 in the Associated Press football poll and No. 12 in the Bowl Championships Series standings. A win for my alma mater means a shot a really choice bowl game, maybe even a BCS bowl. Cowboy fans also are hoping to see quarterback Zac Robinson back under center after he missed last Thursday’s Colorado game after taking a big hit at the end of the previous week’s Texas Tech game.
For the Sooners, a win would add to a 29-game home winning streak and end a surprisingly treacherous season on a victorious note.
Both teams have lost key players, and Bedlam always seems to be a well-named affair, so this should be a great game. And I’m going to be rooting hard for my Cowboys!
The defending national champion Florida Gators, the traditional team of the McDonnell side of my family, will try to stay undefeated as they take on in-state rivals the Florida Seminoles at home in Gainesville. The game kicks off at 2:30 p.m. and will air on CBS.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24384Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14430Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10043UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8936Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 7944Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7183Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6372Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6313Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6107Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5639OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients