3D's Need to See: Thomas Crown Edition
Hello loyal readers. I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving. I’m back to finish off our month of heist movie recommendations with an unusual choice. It’s “The Thomas Crown Affair,” but instead of the original I think you need to see the 1999 remake starring Pierce Brosnan, Rene Russo and Denis Leary. (I’m assuming you’ve already seen the classic 1968 Steve McQueen/ Faye Dunaway film, and if you haven’t, you definitely should.)
However, I’m recommending the remake here because I know many people don’t give remakes a chance (admittedly, they are often awful). This one is very well done. It uses the main idea of the first film: a wealthy, but bored playboy commits heists to liven up his life and then romances the woman who is trying to catch him. But where the original focused on bank robberies, this film has art heists.
Maybe I just have a preference for art theft, maybe it’s the excellent supporting work done by Denis Leary, or maybe it’s the sense of fun that the newer version has, but I find myself preferring the remake in this instance. If you haven’t already, you need to see “The Thomas Crown Affair.” Since your preference may be different than mine, either version will do. But if you like the original and have never given the new version a chance, you might be surprised.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients