OKC Improv continuing inaugural run with colorful Saturday show
OKC Improv, Oklahoma’s first ongoing professional showcase of local and regional improv comedy and theater, continues its current seven-week run every Saturday night through Feb. 27 with two shows each night at 8 and 10 p.m. at Ghostlight Theatre Club, 3110 N Walker, and will feature a variety of improv acts from across the state along with the occasional special guest.
This Saturday’s 8 p.m. show includes Crayons Improv, Tulsa’s top short-form troupe that specializes in creating innovative family-friendly comedy, followed by the jazzy relationship-driven comedy of The Ones Your Mother Warned You About that The Oklahoman theater reviewer Elizabeth Hurd said “appeals to a sophisticated … audience” that balances “zaniness with superb expression and movement.”
At 10 p.m. Saturday, BradChad Porter, one of Oklahoma’s most furiously funny stand-up comedians makes his debut on the OKC Improv stage, followed by The Closers, an OKC troupe that specializes in creating 45-minute improvised plays in the style of writer David Mamet (“Glengarry Glen Ross,” “The Untouchables”), characterized by fast-flying witty dialogue, complex plots and an exploration of just how far desperate people will go to get their way.
According to www.okcimprov.com, Saturday’s show is still on despite this week’s wintry weather. The site will be updated if the show has to be canceled.
Other troupes scheduled to perform during the seven week run include OKC’s Everybody and Their Dog, OKC Improv All-Stars and Twinprov, Norman’s O.U. Improv, and Stillwater’s Ham Wallet and Cueless.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients