What to do in Oklahoma on Jan. 29, 2010
Today’s featured event:
Since many venues aren’t deciding until later today whether they are going through with tonight’s events, I’m not suggesting any concerts or specific activities at this time.
Instead, my suggestion is to make snow ice cream. I’m sharing here the recipe for TV chef Paula Deen’s snow ice cream, from www.foodnetwork.com. My family and I made this during the Christmas Eve blizzard and found it quite tasty.
Paula Deen’s Snow Ice Cream
* 8 cups snow, or shaved ice
* 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place snow or shaved ice into a large bowl. Pour condensed milk over and add vanilla. Mix to combine. Serve immediately in bowls.
If you’re looking for a more eventful day, go to www.wimgo.com for a list of activities. Just call the venue ahead and make sure the event is still on before hitting the road.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients