Wednesday Video Spotlight: Kyle Dillingham fiddle-skateboarding in Thailand
Think the snowboarding and speed skating happening in Toronto at the Winter Olympics are impressive? Then check out Oklahoma violinist Kyle Dillingham debuting last weekend in Thailand his own specialty sport – fiddle-skateboarding!
Dillingham, who hails from Enid and now lives in Oklahoma City, performed last Saturday at the Vic Hua Hin Theatre in Hua Hin, Thailand. He wowed the crowd by playing with his trademark lighting-fast dexterity, then hopping on a skateboard and wheeling around the stage while still sawing away on his fiddle.
The show was part of a special joint concert with Kyle and Thai pop artist Tik Shiro at the country’s 2010 Fringe Festival.
“It is a battle of country music between me and Tik,” Dillingham said of the show in a news release. “A battle between the U.S. and Thailand.”
I’m betting his fiddle-skateboarding won the gold.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3968Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3762Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 3633OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients