3D's Need to See: Western Month Part Two
Hey loyal readers, it’s week two of my month of Western movie recommendations. This week’s movie is the 1965 comedy Western “Hallelujah Trail.” (Yes, I know I recommended an older Western comedy last week as well. I promise next week’s suggestion will be more serious.)
For this week’s film, half the recommendation is done for me just by listing the cast: Burt Lancaster, Lee Remick, Donald Pleasance, Brian Keith, and Martin Landau are just some of the stars in this. The whole movie concerns a huge wagon train full of whiskey that is bound for Denver. It is both helped and hindered along its way by Indians, miners, Temperance followers, and the cavalry.
The best part of the film, in my humble opinion, is the increasing aggravation of Burt Lancaster’s character, who has to try and control the entire circus surrounding the wagon train. It is a masterful comedic performance. (If you don’t like Burt Lancaster, don’t bother reading any of the rest of my recommendations this month because he’s in all of them. Yes, he was that awesome.)
So, if you’re a Burt Lancaster fan, if you like silly Westerns, or if you just want to watch a comedy tonight, you need to see “Hallelujah Trail.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26051Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17463Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8771OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8410Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8211UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7271Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6160Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4750Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients