Friday Featured Track for Feb. 26, 2010: Gin Blossoms
The song that has been on my brain the most this week:
- “Til I Hear It From You,” the Gin Blossoms, from the 1995 “Empire Records Soundtrack.”
This week, I climbed into the way-back machine and revisited my college days by watching the musical coming-of-age drama “Empire Records.” Besides featuring youthful performances from Renée Zellweger, Liv Tyler and Robin Tunney, the film also boasts an amazing soundtrack, with contributors ranging from AC/DC and Gwar to Dire Straits and The Buggles to big-time ’90s bands like The Cranberries, Better Than Ezra and Dishwalla.
Watching the movie reminded me of how much I loved the Gin Blossoms back in my younger days. “Til I Hear It From You” reached No. 9 on the Billboard 100 and was ubiquitous in 1995, the year I graduated high school and started college at Oklahoma State University. Hearing this song brings back memories of spring days driving with the windows rolled down and radio turned up in my ’68 Mustang Fastback.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients