Weekend Warmup for March 26-28, 2010
Here is a list of activities going on throughout the state this weekend (March 26-28). For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
- Hear Elk City native and songwriting star Jimmy Webb and special guest John Fullbright perform at 8 tonight and Saturday at the Blue Door, 2805 N McKinley. These concerts were delayed last month because of weather issues. Tickets originally bought for the Feb. 26 show will be honored tonight; tickets for the Feb. 27 show will be taken Saturday. Information: 524-0738 or www.bluedoorokc.com.
- Spend “An Evening with Joe Bonamassa” when the blues-rock guitarist and singer-songwriter plays at 8 tonight at the Civic Center, 201 N Walker. Information: 297-2264 or www.jbonamassa.com.
- Take in the antics of clowns, tigers and elephants today through Sunday at the 67th annual India Shrine Circus at Jim Norick State Fair Arena, NW 10 and May. Information: 947-3311 or www.indiashrinecircus.com.
- NORMAN — Go “Haywire” when country music star Josh Turner performs at 8 tonight at Riverwind Casino, 1544 W State Highway 9. Information: 322-6464 or www.riverwind.com.
- NORMAN – Experience jousting tournaments, human chess games, live music and more at the 34th annual Medieval Fair from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. today-Sunday at Reaves Park, on Jenkins Avenue, just north of state Highway 9 East, Norman. Admission is free. Parking is available at Lloyd Noble Center on Jenkins Avenue, one block south of Reaves Park. Cost is $5 per car. Information: (800) 767-7260 or www.medievalfair.org.
- Listen to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation police forensic artist Harvey Pratt give a lecture titled “Police Forensic Art” at 7 tonight at Science Museum Oklahoma, 2100 NE 52. A reception begins at 6 p.m. Admission is free. The lecture if offered in conjunction with the exhibit “Whodunit: The Science of Solving Crimes.” Information: 602-3760, www.sciencemuseumok.com or www.harveypratt.com.
Green River Ordinance
- Listen to Texas rockers Green River Ordinance, with Vedera and Angel Taylor, at 7:30 tonight at The Conservatory, 8911 N Western. Information: www.conservatoryokc.com.
- NORMAN – Listen to Deerpeople, The Boom Bang and Kite Flying Robot at 9 tonight at The Opolis, 113 N Crawford. Or hear Visions of Choruses and Gentle Ghost at 9 p.m. Saturday at The Opolis. Information: http://www.starlightmints.com/opolis.html.
- Check out the 19th annual Biting the Apple Erotic Art Show and Fetish Ball at Individual Artists of Oklahoma Gallery, 706 W Sheridan. This year’s theme is “Cirque Fantastique.” The opening party begins at 7 tonight, and the Fetish Ball starts at 7 p.m. Saturday. Information: www.iaogallery.org.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients