Toby Keith's "God Love Her" certified gold
Oklahoma country music star Toby Keith is two smash hits into his new album “American Ride, “but one of the biggest hits from his last album is still making noise.
“God Love Her,” Keith’s multi-week No. 1 from “That Don’t Make Me A Bad Guy” has achieved RIAA gold certification for sales of more than 500,000 copies, according to a news release.
Meanwhile, Keith”s upcoming “American Ride Tour” is expected to pack venues this summer on the Ford F-Series-sponsored trek. More than 40 stops are planned for the tour, which echoes last year’s “America’s Toughest Tour” with the inclusion of Trace Adkins on the bill. Adkins recently signed on with Keith’s Show Dog-Universal Music label. And Keith’s tours have sold more than a million tickets for an impressive nine-consecutive years.
In addition, “Cryin’ For Me (Wayman’s Song),” the poignant second single from the “American Ride” album, recently became the album’s second No. 1 hit following the title track first single. Keith wrote the song after the passing last year of his friend and fellow Oklahoman Wayman Tisdale.
“Every Dog Has Its Day” has just been released to country radio.
Billboard recently named the Norman resident its Country Artist of the Decade and Country Songwriter of the Decade. In fact, Keith is Billboard’s No. 3 best-selling all-genre artist in that span. The Nashville Songwriters Association International bestowed its Songwriter/Artist of the Decade honors on him as well. He is unquestionably one of the top all-genre recording and touring artists of the past 10 years, selling almost 30 million albums, scoring more No. 1 singles than any other country artist and leading a steady succession of blockbuster headlining tours.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients