Bill Condon confirmed as director for "Twilight: Breaking Dawn"
Bill Condon (Associated Press file photo)
After weeks of rumors, Summit Entertainment has confirmed that Academy Award winner Bill Condon will direct “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn,” the film based on the fourth and final novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s supernaturally popular “Twilight” series.
According to the news release. the script for “Breaking Dawn” is currently being written by Melissa Rosenberg, and the film, like its predecessors, will star Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt and Meyer will produce the project.
“Bringing Stephenie Meyer’s ‘Breaking Dawn’ to the screen requires a graceful and intelligent hand, and we believe Bill Condon is exactly the right steward, having shown equal and abundant talents of immense creativity and subtle sensitivity,” said Erik Feig, President of Production and Acquisitions, for Summit Entertainment in the release.
Meyer said in the release, “I’m so thrilled that Bill wants to work with us. I think he’s going to be a great fit, and I’m excited to see what he does with the material.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients