Reba McEntire's gown and boots to be added to Country Music Hall of Fame exhibit
Reba McEntire accepts the Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year award Oct. 13, 1986, in Nashville, Tenn. (Associated Press file photo)
Oklahoma native Reba McEntire’s blue suede gown from the 1986 Country Music Association Awards and George Strait’s cowboy hat, starched shirt and Wrangler jeans will be added May 14 to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s main exhibit, according to CMT.com.
In addition, McEntire’s black and white boots from her 1977 Grand Ole Opry debut and Strait’s lasso and hand-tooled leather belt will be displayed.
Wynonna Judd’s custom-made Gibson Les Paul guitar and Naomi Judd’s black jersey gown worn to the 1990 Academy of Country Music Awards also join the exhibit, which commemorates country music’s “new traditionalists.”
Ricky Skaggs’ mandolin that he played as a 7-year-old prodigy on Flatt & Scruggs’ TV series will be on display, too.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients