Carrie Underwood is wed
Checotah native Carrie Underwood married Mike Fisher Saturday night, according to a report from People.com.
Underwood, 27, and Fisher, 30, wed at a luxury resort in Greensboro, Ga., on Saturday before 250 friends and family in a ceremony featuring classical music and the couple’s favorite Bible readings, according to the website.
Fisher, who plays hockey for the Ottawa Senators, was engaged to Underwood on Dec. 20, after quietly dating for about a year. They planned to keep homes in Nashville and in Peterborough, Ontario, according to People.com.
“We could not feel more blessed to have found each other and to have shared this day with our friends and family that mean so much to us,” according to a statement on People.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 3548Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3510Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3477How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients