Box Office Report for July 23-25
The big story this week at the box office is the staying power of some of the older movies. For one thing, the new Angelina Jolie thriller Salt failed to knock Inception out of the number one spot (which is not surprising given that you need to watch it twice just to understand what happened).
The other new film this week, Ramona and Beezus, finally bucked the trend this summer of family films being big business; it only grossed $8 million. Meanwhile, Toy Story 3 is nearing $400 million and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is nearing $300 million.
The box office totals for the weekend of July 23-25, from the IMDB:
1.) Inception $43.5 million ($144 million)
2.) Salt $36.5 million (New)
3.) Despicable Me $24.1 million ($162 million)
4.) The Sorcerer’s Apprentice $9.69 million ($42.6 million)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21361Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10815Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8633Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8589Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8336Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7789Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7697Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7169UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6790Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5790Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients