Friday Featured Track for September 10
My featured track for today is a trip back to the 70′s and one of my father’s favorite bands: Steppenwolf. Although most people know their monster hits “Magic Carpet Ride” and “Born to be Wild” (from which the music term “heavy metal” was derived), many of Steppenwolf’s other songs are less well known. Perhaps if they were in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame like they deserve to be…sorry, I was just dreaming a little there.
Anyway, I have chosen to highlight one of their other songs here. The song “Renegade” off of their album Seven. It is a great rock song on its own, but when you know the story behind it, it becomes even more powerful. German born singer John Kay penned the song, and it is about an escape from behind the Iron Curtain during the Cold War. So, kiddies, if you haven’t heard it, why not rock out and educate yourself at the same time and give “Renegade” a listen.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17844Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15135Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11465Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11153'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10637Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8906OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8210Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6899Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6524Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6213Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients