Carrie Underwood to sing national anthem at Country Radio Seminar
Checotah native Carrie Underwood will sing the national anthem at Country Radio Seminar on March 2 in Nashville, Tenn., according to CMT.com.
The 2005 “American Idol” winner’s performance will officially open the private event for the country radio industry. It will be Underwood’s first time to perform “The Star-Spangled Banner” at CRS, though she memorably belted it a year ago at the Super Bowl.
Presented by Country Radio Broadcasters Inc., the seminar is set for March 2-4 in downtown Nashville.
Underwood won’t be the only Oklahoma country star at the event. As previously announced, Blake Shelton, who was born in Ada and lives in Tishomingo, will headline the CRS Music City Jam the evening of March 2.
Shelton’s performance is sponsored by the Academy of Country Music. He will co-host the academy’s annual ACM Awards April 3 with fellow Oklahoma native Reba McEntire, who hails from Chockie.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients