Carrie Underwood, David Cook contribute to "American Idol" 10th anniversary album
For the first time ever, the superstar contenders from the past 10 years of television’s No. 1 show “American Idol” will have their signature songs featured on one compilation. “American Idol 10th Anniversary – The Hits” will be released on March 15, and it will feature hits from two “Idols” with Oklahoma ties, along with several other winners and finalists from the reality TV singing contest.
Checotah native Carrie Underwood contributes her Grammy-winning country-crossover chart-topper “Before He Cheats,” while former Tulsan David Cook’s platinum-selling smash “Light On” also is included on the album.
The compilation also features hit singles from the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, Adam Lambert, Fantasia and more.
“American Idol 10th Anniversary – The Hits” spotlights some of Idol’s most successful contestants like Clarkson’s No. 1 Billboard Pop 100 hit “Since U Been Gone” and rock group Daughtry’s No. 1 ballad “Home.” Other tracks include season 6 winner Jordin Sparks’ collaboration with R&B’s Chris Brown on “No Air” and Fantasia’s No. 1 Hot R&B/Hip Hop song “When I See U.”
The compilation also highlights Ruben Studdard’s soulful single “Superstar,” Taylor Hicks’ esteemed performance of “Takin’ It To The Streets” and Broadway star Clay Aiken’s 2003 hit “Invisible.”
Adam Lambert soars on this years Grammy-nominated “Whataya Want From Me” while current “Idol” Lee DeWyze closes out the album with his chart-climbing single “Sweet Serendipity.” (Noticeably missing is Oscar-winning third-season finalist Jennifer Hudson, along with country star “Kellie Pickler,” who finished sixth on the fifth season. However, since this album is billed as the first volume, maybe they will be included in the next installment.)
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients