Christopher Nolan's third Batman film will be called "Dark Knight Rises," won't be 3D or have the Riddler
Christopher Nolan has revealed to the Los Angeles Times that his third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises.” The writer-director also told the paper’s Hero Complex blog that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film not follow the current 3-D craze and instead be made with “high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras.”
Nolan declined to share who will be the villain in his third film featuring the caped crusader, though he did reveal that it would not be the Riddler. He earlier eliminated Mr. Freeze from contention.
“We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” Nolan told Hero Complex.
As with the 2008 super-blockbuster sequel “Dark Knight,” “The Dark Knight Rises” will feature a script written by Nolan and his brother, Jonah, from a story by the director and David Goyer.
“The Dark Knight Rises” is set for July 12, 2012, release. Christian Bale will return as the titular hero, but the question of who will have the unenviable task of following the late Heath Ledger’s Oscar-winning turn as the Joker as the next Batman baddie remains a mystery.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26512Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17561Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8879OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8492Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8412UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7989Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7605Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6228Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5649Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4993Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients