What to do in Oklahoma on Nov. 28, 2010
TULSA — Celebrate The Flaming Lips’ landmark 1997 album “Zaireeka” at a special event this afternoon at Circle Cinema, 10 S Lewis Ave.
“A Celebration of ‘Zaireeka’ and All Things Flaming Lips” is set for 2 p.m. today at Circle Cinema. The event will include a listening party of “Zaireeka,” a screening of Oklahoma filmmaker Brad Beesley’s documentary “The Fearless Freaks” and Pitchfork managing editor Mark Richardson discussing his book on “Zaireeka.”
The Oklahoma City psychedelic rockers’ eighth studio album, “Zaireeka” actually consists of four CDs. Each of its eight songs consists of four stereo tracks, one from each CD. The album was designed to be played simultaneously on four separate audio systems, and the listening party will let fans hear it as it was intended.
The celebration is sponsored by Booksmart Tulsa, Dwelling Spaces and Circle Cinema.
For more information, call (918) 585-3504 or go to www.dwellingspaces.net.
For more events, go to www.wimgo.com.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients