Patty Duke co-stars in "Unanswered Prayers" TV movie based on Garth Brooks song
“Unanswered Prayers,” a TV movie executive produced by Oklahoma music superstar Garth Brooks and based on his 1990 hit song, will debut at 8 tonight on Lifetime Television.
The plot closely follows the lyrics to the song, which Brooks co-wrote and recorded for his blockbuster sophomore album “No Fences.” Filmed in Virginia, the movie centers on a contented small-town husband and father (Eric Close, “Without a Trace”) whose stable life is shaken up when his high school sweetheart (Madchen Amick, “Damages”) returns, forcing him to choose between his lost dreams and his loyal wife (Samantha Mathis, the movie “Broken Arrow”).
Veteran actress Patty Duke co-stars as the mother of Mathis’ character, and she recently hosted a teleconference with journalists, including our own Lillie-Beth Brinkman.
Duke, who will turn 64 on Dec. 14, told the reporters she has admired Brooks for years and that his visits to the set were memorable. One of the Owasso resident’s hits — “The Dance” — was played at her stepdaughter’s funeral about 13 years ago because she, too, was a fan until she died after a car accident at age 22.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients