Roy Clark helps Brad Paisley close "H20 World Tour" in Tulsa
Country Music Hall of Famer and Tulsa resident Roy Clark surprised Oklahoma music fans Nov. 20 when he joined superstar Brad Paisley on stage for a rare live performance. Paisley wrapped up his 2010 “H2O World Tour” with a concert at Tulsa’s BOK Center.
Clark made a special guest appearance to play an instrumental version of “Ghost Riders in the Sky” alongside Paisley, pairing two of country music’s great guitarists.
“I learned to play guitar with a Roy Clark songbook, so I blame all of this on him” Paisley told the sold-out crowd.
“Brad’s show and guitar playing really inspired me! I’m going on tour!” Clark said after feeling the excitement and energy of Paisley’s show.
It was the first time the two Country Music Association Entertainer of the Year award winners have ever played together. Clark received the top CMA honor in 1973 and Paisley won the title for the first time earlier this month at the 2010 CMA Awards.
Over the past year, Paisley has played to nearly a million fans in more than 73 markets, including more than 51,000 at Boston’s Gillette Stadium, 70,000 at AquaPalooza, more than 35,000 at Gulf Shores for “Concerts for the Gulf,” two sold-out shows in London, England, and Notodden Norway’s Musikkfestival.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients