Leonard Nimoy to lend voice to "Transformers: Dark of the Moon"
Well, it was pretty much guaranteed that the upcoming movie “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” would be better than its odious predecessor, “Revenge of the Fallen.” After all, it couldn’t get much worse, right?
Now, improvement seems a sure bet: “Star Trek” legend Leonard Nimoy has joined the threequel as the voice of Sentinel Prime, according to EW.com.
Sentinel Prime is the predecessor of the heroic Optimus Prime. His wrecked body is seen in the teaser trailer, as the Apollo 11 astronauts find it crash-landed on the moon in 1969. After being brought to Earth, he takes the form of a fire engine in the movie’s huge climactic battle through Chicago.
According to EW.com, Nimoy has previous experience with Hasbro’s “robots in disguise”: He provided the voice of Galvatron in 1986′s animated “The Transformers: The Movie.”
The 3-D Transformers: Dark of the Moon opens in theaters July 1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients