Randy Travis marks 25th anniversary with duets with Carrie Underwood and more
Country music star Randy Travis is celebrating 25 years of making music with a duets album.
Checotah native Carrie Underwood, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, George Jones, Alan Jackson, Jamey Johnson and Don Henley are joining Travis on “Anniversary Celebration,” due out June 7.
The 16-track album will feature new songs as well as remakes of Travis hits, according to the Associated Press.
No word yet on whether Travis and Underwood are recording a new collaboration or whether the album will include their duet of his 1988 smash “I Told You So.” Their duet version of “I Told You So” was a hit and won them the Grammy for best country collaboration with vocals in 2010.
Travis has one of the most distinctive voices in country music. With his deep, rich baritone, he led a wave of new traditionalists in the genre in the early 1980s. According to the AP, he is among the format’s most awarded stars, with seven Grammys, 10 Academy of Country Music Awards and five Country Music Association Awards. He also has his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4097OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4009Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3995Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients