David Cook releases new single "The Last Goodbye" today
Season 7 “American Idol” winner and former Tulsan David Cook released today “The Last Goodbye,” the lead-off single to his sophomore album.
“The Last Goodbye” was made available for sale at www.DavidCookOfficial.com, iTunes and all other digital providers, as well as be serviced to radio today, according to a news release.
“The Last Goodbye” also was made available as a free instant grat today for those who pre-order (or have already pre-ordered) Cook’s second album, “This Loud Morning,” on www.DavidCookOfficial.com. The site also features new premium album configurations, which include exclusive music, merchandise and signed memorabilia.
“This Loud Morning” (19 Recordings/RCA Records), will be released June 28.
Cook will be returning to the “American Idol” stage Thursday to perform the album’s first single, “The Last Goodbye.” “Idol” airs at 7 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX.
Executive produced by Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox Twenty, Collective Soul), “This Loud Morning” features tracks written and co-written by Cook along with many acclaimed songwriters including Tulsa native and OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder, David Hodges, Kevin Griffin and Marti Frederiksen.
“This album is the culmination of one of the loftiest endeavors I’ve ever undertaken. The end result is an album that I cannot wait to share with everyone,” Cook says in the release.
Earlier this year, Cook recorded the farewell song for the 10th season of “American Idol,” which can be heard every week this season. The song, chosen by “Idol” creator and executive producer Simon Fuller, is a remake of Simple Minds 1985 smash “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”.
Before the singer/songwriter/guitarist had “The Time of My Life” on the reality TV contest, Cook moved from his hometown of Blue Springs, Mo., to Tulsa to join regional band the Midwest Kings. By the time he auditioned for “Idol” in 2007, Cook had launched a solo career, playing a regular date every other Wednesday at Tulsa’s Gray Snail Saloon.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients