Ryan Merriman receives Inspire Award nomination for "The 5th Quarter," plans to help open the movie in OKC
Donate Life Hollywood recently announced the nominees for their annual Inspire Awards, and Choctaw-born and bred actor Ryan Merriman from the film “The 5th Quarter” is among the nominees. The Donate Life Hollywood Inspire Awards are set for June 22 at Hollywood’s historic Avalon Theater.
The Donate Life Hollywood Person of the Year Award is given annually by the organ and tissue donation community to honor individuals in the entertainment industry who have given their time and talent to raise awareness about the need for organ donation, who have given hope to those on the waiting list and to those who have inspired Americans to Donate Life.
This year, winners will be chosen by fan voting, which will begin mid-May. Fans of Donate Life Hollywood on Facebook are eligible to vote.
Other nominees include Ann Lopez, Jack Black, Brad Ellis and Grizz Chapman.
Donate Life Hollywood is a project of Donate Life America and OneLegacy, the federally-designated organ and tissue recovery agency in most of southern california, designed to engage the entertainment community to inspire their fans and viewers to donate life.
Merriman, 28, began his film and TV career with “The Mommies” in 1993 at the young age 10. He already has 25 films, four television series and several guest appearances to his credit. This spring, his film “The 5th Quarter” tells the true story of how Luke Abbate, a 15-year-old, was able to give the gift of life as an organ donor after his untimely senseless death in a car accident. Ryan plays Jon, Luke’s older brother, who was inspired by his younger brother’s life to lead Wake Forest University to an unprecedented championship football season.
Merriman has been dedicated in promoting the cause of organ donation in his media interviews, and has used his official fan site to engage his fans and encourage them to sign up as organ donors. He has also been a long supporter of the James Redford Institute for transplant awareness as well as Share the Beat.
“The 5th Quarter” is currently open in select theaters and will be coming next weekend to Oklahoma City, where it will open Friday, May 13 at AMC Quail Springs 24, 2501 W Memorial Blvd. Merriman will attend select screenings and sign autographs May 13-15 at the theater.
In addition, “The 5th Quarter” will be released on DVD and BluRay August 30, 2011 through 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3630Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3502How to help tornado victims
- 3466Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients