Blake Shelton and "The Voice" featured on Country Weekly cover
Oklahoma country music star Blake Shelton, who wed fellow Tishomingo resident and country star Miranda Lambert over the weekend, is helping mentor some talented new artists as a vocal coach on the new NBC series “The Voice.”
In the cover story of the May 23 edition of Country Weekly, on sale today, Shelton talks about his role on the show and raves about the concept, in which acts are initially judged on vocal talent alone.
“This lets people have the chance they deserve,” Shelton tells the magazine. “Then it’s up to them to make the most of it.”
He says that he wants to help the newcomers with their song choices. “I want them to know they have someone in this business who is on their side,” he adds.
“The Voice” airs at 9 p.m. Tuesdays on NBC (KFOR-4 in Oklahoma City).
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16614OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14171Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13556Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10806Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9444Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7747Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7539Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7474'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7103Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7093Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients